01 August 2005

First Day of Charles I

Today was the first day with my new Vicar, an extremely bright young man named Charles Lehmann. It was a joy to take him around this afternoon and introduce him to some of our shutin members. It's always sad to see a vicar leave - and we will all miss Karl and his "rigid flexibility" - but I think God has given us another "home-run" vicar in Charles. How on earth has this parish managed to acquire six absolutely stellar men as vicars?

Speaking of past vicars, got a note from Grace Drews the other day - she's happy to report that mom and dad are both doing well. She's cute as a button!

As for weird experiences... last week Cindi and I got to be Godparents to Nathaniel James (born on July 25!) Clayton, Pr. Kirk and Lori Clayton's little son. And we attended his Baptism - via phone! Nathaniel was having some difficulties after birth, and so Pr. Clayton baptized him and invited us to take part in the liturgy over the phone. It was super to be there. We're remembering Nathaniel in our prayers each day, together with our other godchild, Lindsey Ritoch.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the Weedons ran a hotel this month. Out of the 31 days of July, we had guests in our house for 24 of them. The last week was a hoot with all but one of Deb's (Cindi's sister) family with us - so we had an extra seven folks!

Sadness is coming up: only a couple of weeks before Lauren leaves for Seward. I don't think I like her leaving one little bit, but I haven't been worrying about her. Just commending her into the Lord's keeping each day - as we do also for David and Bekah.

All my kids in HS or at college. "I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear my trousers rolled. Do I dare to eat a peach?"

3 comments:

William Weedon said...

Enjoy him we shall! And now I know who to blame for getting him hooked on Greek. Neat!

Anonymous said...

Lauren is leaving for Seward - Morgana is leaving next week for UNC Ashevile. Christine and I also must let her go. Ouch! May the Lord bless and keep both of them. Matt Heady

William Weedon said...

Yup, Matt, our little girls are all grown up. I can't believe it. I still can picture them in their pretty easter dresses standing on Redeemer's porch. Was it really all that long ago? Sniff, sniff.