07 January 2006

Back to Normal

I love the time between Christmas and Epiphany, but I also love the "back to normal" schedule. It was hard not having Bible Class for two weeks in a row!

Today I prayed Matins, had breakfast with Lauren, Bekah, and Cindi (David has been away on a drama trip); visited a dear member who had sections of her colon removed for cancer, but looks really good now; back for lunch with the family; then out to take the Sacrament to a kind and gentle old widower who is struggling to remain at home but grows weaker by the day, assaulted by mini-strokes. I read him Bishop Laache's devotion for Epiphany. He wept as I read the Gospel for Epiphany. It about broke my heart. Then back home to write up the prayers for the liturgy, and get ready for Confession (sadly, no penitents this afternoon - but I did get to talk to a friend on the phone for a while). Prayed Vespers and now am getting ready for the Evening Divine Service. A good day all in all. And David will be home tonight, God willing.

This week promises to be good and busy as well.

No comments: