03 July 2006

Close Enough



Wow. Tomorrow my oldest brother turns 61!!!! Happy birthday, Butchy! You've been my hero for a long time. After all, you bought me my first fishing rod, bow and arrow set, and razor. Sorry that I never caught onto the hunting and fishing thing. But I still use a razor - somewhat. And thanks for all the trips to every fire station in Montgomery County, Maryland; for the trip down the Rapidan in the boat; for the many tramps through the woods; for the pinochle game where your passing gave me 1,000 Aces; for the fun time when we visited you in Montana and the sights you showed us. You've been a great brother, and I apologize for being the spoiled rotten brat! (P.S. I am not sure that I miss your crazy driving on mountain roads designed to make me think we were plunging over the edge!!!)

No comments: