15 October 2006

Let us Rejoice and Be Glad In It

Aside from the usual joys of the Eucharist, Bible Class, and Confirmation Class today, we had visitors from "up north." Jeff and Laura Bull and children Kayla and Sarah. What joy indeed! The first time I had contact with Jeff, I instinctively liked him and when we met face to face I remember the sorrow of thinking: "But they live so far away!" That feeling was strengthened today when we met the rest of the family. I felt like we'd known Laura for years! How I wish they were local here or we were up there. I suspect we'd end up spending a lot of time together. Weird how you can have so little contact with someone and yet know they are close and dear friends. Such is one of the joyful mysteries of the Body of Christ!

Besides, Lucy (our dog) totally adopted Laura and the girls. Jeff, you need to let them get that dog. : )

Also a treat today was our LWML dinner after late church. Pr. Meinzen shared some stories from his trip to India earlier this year, and his love for sharing the Lord was so clear and so infectious. Watching a video with some native Indian speakers it was almost like having Sagar and Malini Pilli back again! I just love listening to Sagar talk!!!

Final joy of the day, on the purely gastric level. David brought home a brochure from a new Indian restaurant in Edwardsville. You better believe I am eating there this week. Chapatis, here I come.

No comments: