27 November 2006

I have always been told

by those who know that I am more like my mother than my father. But a very odd experience a few moments ago. Cindi seemed to have things under control in the kitchen for dinner, so I went into the livingroom and stretched out in the recliner. Hands cupped behind the head, and legs crossed at the ankles. And it was between 4:30 and 5 p.m. Wearing my green sweater.

Flashback. My dad would invariably assume the exact same posture in his recliner between 4:30 and 5 each day (he got home just after 4, having started his day at 7). And I realized that I always lay like that in the recliner. How weird is that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Relax, you're normal,,,,,,, no cigar for this one.
Now for an endless discussion,,,,, where on the nature/nuture continuum does it fall?

William Weedon said...

I tend to vote more for nature than for nurture. What about you?

Anonymous said...

Ornery genetics particularly abundant in the male side of the family,,,,,,, so I guess nature wins the cigar.
When that side of the family heard of our impending nuptuals, spouces of members of the male line gave one word of warning to my bride,,,,, "They nap a lot." hee hee
If you missed the note on that family history, it's in the comments on the Cornbread Stuffing topic.

William Weedon said...

I did read it and found it quite interesting.