13 November 2006

Second LSB Funeral

Today we celebrated our second funeral from LSB. It really does work VERY well. I'm still adjusting to the slight differences from the LW Agenda. Something to beware of, however. I opened the LSB Agenda while sitting in the car, waiting for the move to the cemetery and quickly marked the page where I saw "Committal." I didn't look at the top of the page! Remember that there is a separate rite for the burial of still-born children - and that is where I started out. It starts the same, so it wasn't until the prayer spoke of "this child" that I knew something was amiss, and quickly turned back to the other page. Not a problem, of course, because every last one of us is buried as a child. "Naked I came from my mother's womb and naked I return." So, be sure to mark the correct page! At the committal, the singing of two verses of "Abide with Me" is an option. We did that today. Excellent. There is something very powerful about giving death a good solid round of Christian song!

No comments: