22 November 2006

What Makes Daddy Happy?

Having all his children home together - watching them interact now as adults, playful as ever. I came home from lunch to find David and Lauren assaulting Bekah, who was still a-bed. How? Well, aside from sitting on her and pulling at her, they were seranading her with music from different shows the two had been in together. And Bekah was actually pretty good-natured about it all. I think she was glad they were both home too. How do you ever get used to them flying the nest? I'm not sure I ever will. It still seems wrong when Lauren isn't here, and yet I don't worry about her. Commend her each day into God's protection and love, and thank God for Dean - the best son-in-law-about-to-be that a man could ever want. But I hate to think of the Thanksgiving that arrives when we won't be together. Ah, enough sad thought. Off to teach Hosea, chapter five!

No comments: