28 December 2006

Blessed Holy Innocents, plus this 'n' that.

Today we gathered to pray Matins and celebrate the Holy Innocents, Martyrs. This is when the real "Christmas break" begins for me - because there are no more official services until Saturday evening at 6:00. I love this week, though, when we feed on the Holy Eucharist and gather for prayer for some six days straight. What joy!

Last night we went to the Braasch's and enjoyed a delicious meal and we would have enjoyed the three rounds of pinochle except that the women won the last hand of the evening and so won the night. How did THAT happen?

Tonight Cindi and I, Lauren and Dean, are headed to St. Louis for "An Evening of Theological Reflection" at the Schlafly Taproom. Also known as "Beer and Bull Session" - looking forward to it. Tim May and his wife Kathy will join us as well, I believe.

Bulletins are all ready for Sunday, but realized that I haven't done a calendar for January yet. Need to get on the ball with that one. Maybe by Sunday? Problem is that I hestitate to do it by myself. Marianne (our wonderful secretary and organist) always double checks and lets me know what I've forgotten, and she continues to be hospitalized, but is recovering nicely.

Oh, and one more random joy: the roof men came and I believe completely finished repairing the roof above the organ. Now, I think, the repair on the organ itself can go full-steam ahead. I need to call the organ folks after New Years and see what we can get going. I cannot begin to tell you how much we missed our organ this Christmas. It will be wonderful to hear it sound again.

3 comments:

Timothy May said...

It was a pleasure to join you and Cindi and the others for the ETR gathering last night. We enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting others for the first time. (Now Kathy can put some names and faces together.) Great food, drink and conversation. It was our last evening in St. Louis and a great way to end the Christmas break. You have a good thing going; glad we could drop in!

Anonymous said...

I hope things go well with your organ repair. We just had our pipe organ restored to the tune of $90,000, but it is glorious to have it back again. Boy, I sure missed it for the 14 months it took for the repairs.

William Weedon said...

Fr. May, the pleasure was mine. Wish we could have talked more! Sigh. Next year, perhaps?

Fr. Cota, 14 months???? 14 months! Me genoito! I am hoping for repairs in place before Easter. But the damage appears to be substantial, so we'll see.