23 December 2006

Deo Gratias!

Last night as we were on our way to Dean's parent's place for a reception for his sister Jessica (newly returned from Nepal), we got a phone message that Marianne Altevogt (my secretary, St. Paul's organist - she basically keeps the place in one piece), had been taken to the hospital. She had lost quite a bit of blood, and had to be transfused. This morning she was in ICU but looked much better. A call this afternoon, however, indicated surgery was imminent. Bless Pastor GeRue's heart - he offered to head down and be with the family until I finished the Saturday service. After it was over, Cindi and I headed down and then we waited to see what the surgeon would say. Good news all the way around: Marianne did VERY well in the surgery, nothing appeared cancerous, and the doctor is pretty sure that when she gets up on her feet again she will be feeling much better. Prayers for her would still be appreciated: she is a diabetic and that can complicate matters, but as of right now things are looking up indeed. Tonight's epistle was one I needed to keep reminding myself of: "have no anxiety about anything." But Deo gratias indeed! Thanks be to God, the surgery went well and she came through with flying colors.

1 comment:

Chaz said...

I was actually about to e-mail you and ask how she was doing.

Kristi told me earlier tonight what had happened.

I'm very glad to hear the good news.