24 March 2007

Anybody else do this?

I find that as Holy Week and Easter draw nearer, I want to sing all the songs for those festivals. I've been through the Holy Week and Easter sections of LSB a couple times today on the piano. I am particularly loving the setting of "Christian to the Paschal Victim" included in LSB. I mentioned before the new setting of "The Royal Banners" - it is very worth looking at. It simplified the plain song in exactly the same way that the old Lutherans did with, say, "Komm, Gott Schöpfer" from "Veni Creator Spiritus." Each of the four palm Sunday hymns has become a favorite - can't even envision the day without all of them. David surprised me by saying that his favorite Palm Sunday piece was "No Tramp of Soldiers' Marching Feet" which, he noted, is as marshal beat as it gets!

No comments: