04 March 2007

Oh, my!

Well, if you're observing the Western version of the fast, Sundays are not fasting days. Today is the last Sunday that Jo and Dave will be around for a while, so Cindi made an old fashioned breakfast. We had two plates of whole wheat pancakes, a platter of sausage and bacon, 8 potatoes turned into hashbrowns (with and without the onions), and 8 eggs scrambled. And sadly I was the only one drinking coffee - how CAN you properly enjoy such food without coffee??? I don't understand. In any case, as I pushed away from the table I thought "Now THAT'S what breakfast should be like." Of course, if breakfast were like this every day, I'd be big as a house. Still, what a great way to finish off the morning after the Divine Services and Bible Class.

4 comments:

Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

I will just say that I very much appreciate the Western fast, after polishing off just now a huge plate of red beans and rice with sausage. And looking forward to steaks tonight, then...back at it on Monday.

Thank God for Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Sounds YUMMY!
(except the onions!, YUCK!)

William Weedon said...

Paul,

Sounds very good!

Lauren Elizabeth,

The version with the onions was MUCH better than the plain hashbrowns. The onions make the whole thing sweet.

Anonymous said...

welp...someone made a ploopydoop outta himself...and that ploopydoop should have known...hashbrowns in themselves thats gross. with or without onions! :) hehe