28 July 2007

Prayers requested

Yesterday we found out that our Headmaster and the associate pastor of St. Paul's in Hamel and Trinity in Worden has been ordered deployed to Kuwait for a year. He leaves us before the end of the August - that is, right as school is beginning. This comes as a shock not only to our parishes and school, but also to his family. Please remember them in your prayers.

I couldn't help but think of his family as we sang together the Hymn of the Day for this evening:

In God, my faithful God,
I trust when dark my road;
Great woes may overtake me,
Yet He will not forsake me.
My troubles He can alter;
His hand lets nothing falter.

My sins fill me with care,
Yet I will not despair.
I build on Christ, who loves me;
From this rock nothing moves me.
To Him I will surrender,
To Him, my soul's defender.

If death my portion be,
It brings great gain to me;
It speeds my life's endeavor
To live with Christ forever.
He gives me joy in sorrow,
Come death now or tomorrow.

O Jesus Christ, my Lord,
So meek in deed and work,
You suffered death to save us
Because Your love would have us
Be heirs of heav'nly gladness
When ends this life of sadness.

"So be it," then I say
With all my heart each day.
Dear Lord, we all adore You,
We sing for joy before You.
Guide us while here we wander
Until we praise You yonder.
LSB 745:1-5

If all this comes as a surprise and shock to us, it does not comes as a surprise to our Lord. We trust that He will lead and guide us and will bless the GeRues as move into the future. "Thy good and gracious will be done, O Lord!"

No comments: