18 August 2007

"More than we desire or deserve..."

Such is the collect for this week. Here I was in doubt about what on earth would happen to Trinity-St. Paul Lutheran School as our Headmaster and my associate pastor (and Pr. Curtis'), Pr. Keith GeRue, was called up to active duty by the Army. And what did God do? He brought us a person who will step right in and keep everything going for this year (and longer, if needed, I hope!): Myra Farrell. Myra used to teach at St. Paul's years ago, and she is a huge advocate of classical Christian education, knows Latin, does Math, and is trained in remedial reading. Like the women on the way to the tomb, fretting for nothing over a stone that had been rolled away, I've been fretting over what will happen. Dennis (our 5-6th grade teacher) told me to stop worrying, that it would all work out well. But I am so bad at heeding that good advice! God worked it out, as He always does. He always gives us more than we either desire or deserve and He forgives us those things of which our conscience is afraid! Praise to Him forever!

No comments: