31 October 2007

Wednesday

This morning we anticipated All Saints during the chapel.  We sang:  "Ye Watchers" and I really preached upon that hymn, so that the children (and adults) might realize the great assembly we join with in our worship.  We call to the angels - all 12 choirs - and to the Blessed Mother and the Patriarchs and Prophets and the Apostles and the Martyrs and all the saints, to join in the endless song. Or more accurately, to permit us to join with them in praising Father, Son, and Spirit.  Hebrews 12 is one powerful passage of Scripture! Each time I hear the children sing Matins it cheers my heart.  They sing it so well!  "Blessed be God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit:  Oh, come, let us worship Him!"

After chapel I hit the road: visited some shutins to bring them the life-giving Body and Blood of the Savior, dropped by the hospital, attended pericopal study, went to lunch, and then came home.  I ran down to the Church basement to visit briefly with our Quilters (yes, we still have a cadre of ladies who do as their mothers and grandmothers and greatgrandmothers did and who quilt here at Church each week).

Then when I came home, Lucy looked sad and so I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk.  That always perks her right up and she runs to the door.  I put her on the big leash and she went chasing all kinds of scents in the ditches.  We walked about a mile.  So, dear Doctor, see, I AM getting some exercise!  

Still ahead is our Old Testament Catechesis and then Compline.  Oh, and dinner!  Cindi's got a crockpot of chili on and the smell has filled the house and keeps the tummy grumbling.  I'll try to settle it with another cup of java.  :)

No comments: