15 December 2007

Well, if they are right about the snow...

...we might have a day tomorrow worthy of pulling out that John Greenleaf Whittier favorite "Snow-Bound." Yeah, I know that even if we GET the six inches forecast, that hardly amounts to a real "snow bound" but we've had so little these last years, I think I'd better take advantage of what we have when we have it to read that lovely poem. I remember when I first came across it my first year in Bronxville (when we had several decent snows that left us "bound").

1 comment:

Rev. David M. Juhl said...

2" on the ground, looking for another 2" - 6" more by noon tomorrow.

The last two weekends were ice and sleet. Now we have snow.

A fringe benefit to living in northern Illinois compared to southern Illinois: WINTER!

Advent peace and joy to you and yours. We're thinking of Valerie GeRue and the kids too. Tell them the people of God at Momence say hello and blessed Advent!