31 January 2008

Two Days Early

Tonight we celebrated the Divine Service for the Purification of Mary and the Presentation of our Lord - it was two days early - and it's a good thing we had the angels and archangels and all the company of heaven joining in our worship, or it would have been rather lonesome. Three of us gathered in the sanctuary as the snow continued to fall from the sky and the wind blew. I thought how wonderful that we prayed for travelers tonight in the Prayer of the Church, for it is surely a treacherous night out. May the Lord grant to all a safe homecoming - including my David who is at work till 10 tonight.

2 comments:

existentialist said...

Can you post a picture of the inside of your sanctuary? I am curious to see what it looks like. Also, how long are your services? How large is your choir? I assume you have one. I don't know anything about Lutheran liturgical services so please forgive my ignorance.

William Weedon said...

Our regular Sunday service lasts just over an hour. Our choir numbers somewhere between 15 and 20. See my latest post for an "inside" view of the nave looking toward the sanctuary.