08 February 2008

Luncheon Favorite

Today was a treat. Bekah is home sick, Cindi's not feeling the best, David got home from school before lunch, and it's my day off. We usually go out today, but we ate in instead. And we had one of my all time favorites: fried salmon patties. This was one of my mom's standards. Salmon must be canned red-sockeye and mixed with onions and egg and old bay seasoning (we added that) and pepper and fried in enough oil to make it really crisp. Cindi also has been making a great crab dip - not sure the process there - but we love it when we serve it on crisped cheese (another of her microwave secrets). Induction again. And I'm loving it. Oh, I also ate some salad to make her happy. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound very Lenten! :)

William Weedon said...

Canned fish? Come now. ;)

Doorman-Priest said...

And these were the very things I was going to suggest you gave up for Lent. The Holy Spirit is clearly at work.

Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

Re. the salad. It is a shock to me to see a person order, oh, let's say, a Greek salad which consists of a mound of wonderful Gyros meat on top of a bed of beautiful crisp lettuce with great dressing on it and eat only the meat and hardly any salad.

Shocking, I say. Shocking!

Doorman-Priest said...

BTW: Luncheon is such and ENGLISH word - and rather upper-crust too. Are you an aristocrat under cover? We'll we've blown it.

Anonymous said...

rub it in.
slime bucket.