20 February 2008

Words and Images from Evening Prayer

The Candle brought in... Now is the time of God's favor... As lamps are lit and children nod... O loving Lord and source of all that is good, accept now our evening sacrifice of praise... Let my prayer rise before You as incense... The Lord is my light and my salvation... Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your steadfast love... Jesus, I will ponder now on Your holy passion... The struggle in the garden, and the peace afterward... A Lamb goes uncomplaining forth... Standing and singing "Holy is Your name" - Cindi's voice rising as the cantor... Remembrance of Carl A. asking her: "And who is the angel?"... The litany sung with joy... In peace, let us pray to the Lord... Rejoicing in the fellowship of all the saints... being defended from the fear of our enemies... Our Father... The almighty and merciful Lord, the Father, the + Son, and the Holy Spirit... Who dieth thus dies well.

No comments: