12 March 2008

Last Passion Vespers

Tonight we held our last Passion vespers. It is a beautiful and solemn liturgy - and I preached about the two thieves and Jesus' promise: "Today you will be with me in Paradise." How our Lord entered into death so that we might never enter it alone, and how He overcame it so that it becomes our way home to Paradise.

What could be more beautiful? Coming home and finding your daughter in tears, thinking about how unworthy she is and yet how great is God's mercy and the triumph of His promise. What can a dad say but "Amen! Mercy that is the most amazing thing in all the world."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe it is just as beautiful, but I came home to my five year old singing "Today you will be with me in paradise."

He learned that today in pre-school.

I really have to thank his teacher.

Jon