25 March 2008

Wow. Read this comment!

4430. Jason Allen St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, Fort Riley, Ks I am in the Army and a friend gave me the web site of Issues, Etc when I was getting ready to go to be deployed to Iraq. I was fearful I would be killed in the war. I told a friend who always talked to me at the gym and he gave me the web site and told me to look up a program by Dr. Brighton and this would be a big help to me. When I listen to Dr. Brighton he told us about heaven and what Jesus did for us to get there. It was like a spring day in my life. If I ever get to St. Louis I am going to look him up. When I was growing my parents never went to church but once or twice a year. I had a lot of fear of Christ and that he was going to punished me. I looked in several Lutheran web sites to see if I could find out what happened to Issues and found one that said a church president took it off. I did not have time to read all the information that was in there. I would like to ask him if he has ever been in the Army and have a best friend die in your arms like happened to me in Iraq. Thanks Dr.Brig

(HT: Pr. Franck)

[Note that there is no evidence our President removed the show; but he did not prevent its removal. A distinction of sorts.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"[Note that there is no evidence our President removed the show; but he did not prevent its removal. A distinction of sorts.]"

As to the above, this is what is called: "a distinction without a difference."

Anonymous said...

First Wallace Schultz, now this. The Synod's unusually tight lipped, much as they try, the LCMS finds it difficult to appear even handed, even when they are being even handed.

Fearsome Pirate said...

The best part is the Army guy calling Dr Brighton "Dr Brig."

Anonymous said...

I think he ran out of space though.