09 January 2009

Interesting Book

Anticancer: A New Way of Life by David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PhD. I picked it up because a friend recommended it. Not my usual kind of book, but I've found absolutely intriguing numerous correspondences between his insights and a low-carb way of eating. His praise of flaxseed made me smile - that's a prime ingredient in Cindi's delicious cinnamon bread! And we also use it in our breakfast "cereal." Granted, he's not a fan of red meat, but mostly because of what red meat is FED these days. Anyway, I think it an intriguing volume. I'm glad I bought it.

1 comment:

mlorfeld said...

I agree with the red meat thing... over Christmas break I had the pleasure of trying free range grass fed beef, what a difference! Evidently grass fed beef has the perfect ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fats, has much lower saturated fat, and is much leaner in general... but the real reason I liked it is that the taste is much beefier.