15 January 2009

Pleasures of the Palate

Cindi's been hitting them out of the ballpark. In the last couple days, we've had cinnamon flax muffins, loaded with butter; curried chicken and veggies - hot and spicy!; "induction chili" and low-carb cheesecake topped with whipped cream and drizzled with sugar-free chocolate sauce. Have I ever told you guys how great it is to be married to a fabulous cook??? The idea that low-carbers are depriving themselves...yeah, you guys just go on believing THAT one!

5 comments:

Cha said...

Well you don't have to tell me how great it is to be married to a fabulous cook - I married one, too!

William Weedon said...

Well, -C, you know EXACTLY how blessed I am then! How much snow up your way? It's freezing here, but nary a bit of the white puffy stuff.

Cha said...

Not hoards of snow - There's probably 5 or 6 inches on the ground. But like you mention, it's the cold! I woke up on Thursday to -20 degree air temps and -40 degree wind chill. ugh.

I hate the snow (and winter in general, really) but might take some snow in trade for a bit of a warm up.

But hope springs eternal! Today it is supposed to get above zero - woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

I've re-started the lo-carb lifestyle, and is there any chance of blogging a Cook-Book? Please, pretty please, with Truvia on top???

:)

BTW, it's -9/-23 with windchill here in Buckeye Country. Reminds me of the Spring in North Dakota...

William Weedon said...

We just MIGHT do something like that, Laura! I'll see if I can get Cin interested in working on it with me.

And BRRRRRRRRR!