10 March 2009

Old Lutheran Quote of the Day

Thus it always is: One must lose and give up more for the sake of Christ than another. Such inequality emanates from the all-wise counsel of God. Therefore, we should not be led astray; rather, we should accept with patience that which God lays on upon us, be it a great or an insignificant cross. We should not look at others to see whether they have to suffer as much as we do.... We should follow Christ as He leads us - through thorns and hedgerows - moreover, leaving it up to Him how He would lead and guide others. -- Blessed Johann Gerhard, *An Explanation* pp. 94, 95

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi Pastor,

Sorry to post an off-topic comment here, but our home computer crashed and I no longer have your email address in my address book. I'm hoping you have mine. If so, could you email me? I would like to talk to you about the possibility of a couple of St. Louis bound travelers (my husband and son, for a chess tournament) maybe stopping over at your place for one night? The night in question is this Friday. They would arrive late (9 or 10) and just need a bed and would be out of your hair first thing Saturday morning.

Let me know! Thanks!