04 April 2009

So, Lucy

starts barking like crazy at the back door. Now, I'm sure no one has come in, but I open it up and look downstairs when in my face a BIRD flies up the stairs. Yikes. Before I can get the window open in the kitchen, it's in the living room. That's a good spot. It's flying against our front windows, but we maneuver it behind the sheers and shoo it out an open window. But the biggy is HOW DID IT GET IN OUR BASEMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE???

Good, Lucy. She's a great watchdog...for lost birds.

7 comments:

Cha said...

This has happened to us twice. We think they might have come in the chimney or something.

The last time, the cat got the bird and killed it before we could get it outside.

Both times it has freaked us out.

CAS said...

I have birds who get lost in my apartment all the time! Especially if something has spooked them! I guess that's what happens when you own ten birds, however! ;)

Rebekah said...

We totally had a bird in our house THIS MORNING.

Something is up.

William Weedon said...

So we're not the only ones! Our chimney is connected directly to our furnace, though, so did it fly out of the furnace???

This is actually the second time it has happened to us - but the first time we never saw the bird itself. I suspect it was cat food. We only found ITS DROPPINGS when we got back from vacation!!!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.

I wish I coulda been there!!!!

Lincoln Winter said...

Often, birds will stand near the chimney for warmth. The CO makes them woozy, they pass out and fall down. Most chimneys (At least older ones) have a little space BELOW where the exhaust comes out. They hang out there, get some Oxygen, revive, and then fly up the stairs and into your living room.
We used to have it happen as kids. Nothing funnier than watching my dad chase pigeons around the basement.

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that Lucy can be counted on to alert the family to lost birds but -- my question is, will she be willing to wear bunny ears for Easter ??

Christine