01 May 2009

And NOT SO Irritated...

...I wouldn't want to leave the impression that the Conference yesterday had no joys. That would be quite untrue. Joy #1: I got to hold and feed my youngest goddaughter, Sophia! Joy #2: singing (and playing) more Easter music at Matins, the Divine Service, and Vespers (propers for the daily office were from Treasury of Daily Prayer), and with that the praying the Psalms, hearing the Word, and receiving the Blessed Body and Blood of the Risen Savior. Joy #3: Visiting with my fellow pastors and (deaconess!). [I won't list the conference presentation as a joy simply because - fine as it was - it was almost identical to what we had at our pastoral conference only a couple months ago. It is beyond me why someone thought we needed to hear the exact same thing again. We really WERE paying attention the first time round... :)]

8 comments:

Mike Bryant said...

Did you get to meet my pastor?

William Weedon said...

Mike,

Remind me of the parish again - I forget!

Mike Bryant said...

Pr. Manz - Anna, IL. I'm not entirely certain he went, but I'm guessing he did, or I'm hoping he did. Pastors need to be surrounded by their peers, especially good ones from SID!!

William Weedon said...

Oh, gosh, yes! Pr. Manz and I got acquainted back last Fall. And what's really weird? He and I are from the EXACT SAME PARISH in Md, only we didn't know each other - he's younger than I. I've really enjoyed getting to know him. In fact, we sat beside each other for dinner yesterday.

Mike Bryant said...

He's also from CA.

Isn't it interesting that certain parishes tend to "birth" pastors at a higher rate than others? My first parish post-conversion sent at least three men to the seminary in just a few years.

Rev. James Leistico said...

glad to help brighten your day.

by the way, it was an absolute joy to sing "At the Lamb's High Feast" to your playing. You encouraged us to belt it out all the more. I'm thinking I'm not the only pastor who was glad to finally get a chance to sing the hymn - usually we're busy delivering the Lamb to His people at the feast.

William Weedon said...

Jimbo,

Glad you enjoyed the playing - can you tell that I REALLY REALLY REALLY like to play "At the Lamb's High Feast"? Great text, great tune, overflowing Easter joy in both!

Rev. James Leistico said...

I could also tell Ralph Laufer liked singing it