02 May 2009

I Just Celebrated

my first Nuptial Divine Service - we had a Nuptial Divine Service for our wedding, but that was 27 years ago and I wasn't officiating. It really is beautiful to celebrate a wedding within THE WEDDING, a feast within THE FEAST. Matt and Darcy, may the Lord grant you many, many joyful, child-filled years in Jesus Christ! And Darcy, words can't begin to say how much we're going to miss you at St. Paul's - thanks for all you've done for us over the years. Above all, thanks for your unquenchable spirit!

5 comments:

William Weedon said...

Congratulations, Scott! And thanks be to the Giver of all good gifts!

cheryl said...

That's awesome. If I were ever to get married, I wouldn't want to have it any other way. I think a great deal of mean is lost when a wedding is celebrated outside the celebrating of Christ's marriage to the Church. It seems like it's taking marriages out of their natural context. After all, our marriages are only a consequence of the true marriage of the Divine Bridegroom with His Bride.

Anonymous said...

Did you tell him what I told you to tell him? Or did you forget!?

AND...we were going to. Till we decided it would offend too many people.

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

What a privilege. Congratulations to all involved.

Past Elder said...

In my former church body, getting married in a ceremony not within the mass would be the exception, and an exception that must be approved for cause!

Unaccustomed as I am to having much good to say about my former church body, marriage of a bride and groom within the marriage of the Bride the Church and the Groom Christ really is a good idea.

It would also revise the commonplace that Protestant weddings take 15-20 minutes and Catholic ones an hour!