06 June 2009

THEY MUST HAVE FOLLOWED US HOME!

The Bees! My sister-in-law has just taken up beekeeping. Not my idea of a fun time. But today when I went to get a bulletin out of the sacristy I heard a LOUD buzzing and saw a bee or two and killed them. But the buzzing persisted. I looked up and above the plastic covering to the light in the drop ceiling you could see them crawling. And I stepped outside the door and ran into a handful. I looked around the backside of the building and it is alive with them. GRR. Make them go away!!! I got the vestments for tonight and tomorrow out of the sacristy and shut it up, but there's wide spaces under the door for them to get out in the church if they have a mind to. I hope they don't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Find your local friendly beekeeper! Sounds like a queenbee has set up shop. No doubt to be near the sweet gospel proclaimed at St. Paul.

Karl

William Weedon said...

Friendly local beekeeper came and took care of problem - Deo gratias! Helps that he's a trustee's dad!!! Thank you, Scott and Marlin!

Jeremy said...

Do you treat all people that want to hear the Gospel that way? Just kidding. As a part-time tomato and blueberry grower, I love bees. Glad you treated them humanely!

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

How do you treat bees humanely? Do you take them out to Applebee's?
Challenge them to a spelling bee?

Mark