04 September 2009

Hymn of the Day for Trinity 13

Jesus, Thy boundless love to me
No thought can reach, no tongue declare.
Unite my thankful heart to Thee
And reign without a rival there.
Thine, wholly Thine, alone I am;
Be Thou alone my constant flame.

O grant that nothing in my soul
May dwell but Thy pure love alone;
O may Thy love possess me whole,
My joy, my treasure, and my crown!
All coldness from my heart remove;
My every act, word, thought be love.

This love unwearied I'll pursue
And dauntlessly to Thee aspire.
Oh, may Thy love my love renew,
Burn in my heart like heav'nly fire
And day and night be all my care
To guard this sacred treasure there.

In suff'ring be Thy love my peace;
In weakness be Thy love my pow'r,
And when the storms of life shall cease,
O Jesus, in that final hour,
Be Thou my rod and staff and guide,
And draw me safely to Thy side.
LSB 683

1 comment:

Christopher Esget said...

This might be my favorite new thing in HS98/LSB.