12 September 2009

My Longest Run Yet

Here I am, less than a month shy of my 49th birthday, and I just did the longest run I've ever done in my life. I'm not sure exactly how far it was - when Cindi gets back from her bike ride I may have to borrow her bike and measure it out (she's got an odometer) - but I ran for an hour and 35 minutes without a break. Knees started protesting just after half-way through, but then they stopped hurting as I kept running. I ran from the Church down to the bike trail and then into Hamel and from Hamel took the bike trail into Worden to where the trail heads out of town to head up to Decamp. I *thought* about keeping on, but figured that I'd already pushed the envelope a bit and my body might be upset me tomorrow as it is. We'll see! If I genuflect and can't get back up, one of you might need to get me back on my feet...

P.S. We rode the bikes to see how far it was: 8.1 miles. Of course, Cindi rode this a.m. (down to Edwardsville and back) so with this extra trip she's clocked over 30 miles today on the bike!

2 comments:

Paul said...

That is a long ways. I have gotten out of the habit of running but I know that once I start I will be addicted again.

Anonymous said...

What a Stud! :)