16 December 2009

Well...

...communion taken to the home-bound (except for one who was away)... Lessons and Carols tonight in a joint service with sister parish, Trinity, Worden at St. Paul's... no pericope studies till Epiphany... no school obligations till Jan. 4... bulletins all finished for the holy days... sermons completed for Epiphany and St. Stephen's, still working on Circumcision, Christmas Day, and Rorate Coeli (God willing, finished by tomorrow)... still big on the agenda next week is a radio interview on Germanus' *A Great and Mighty Wonder"... but mostly lots of time (God willing!) to enjoy the holy days with family and feast on the Church's beautiful hymns and liturgy... AND tomorrow begins the "Great O Antiphons" and Norman Teigen was so kind as to send me a splendid little devotional volume on them (thank you, Norman, so very much!)... Sigh, I dearly love these holy days!!!

Gaude! Gaude!
Emmanuel
Nascetur pro te, Israel.

4 comments:

Norman Teigen said...

It was my pleasure to present this to you. You do us all a favor by keeping up this blog.

mlorfeld said...

Which Gospel reading are you preaching on?

I'll be preaching from Luke 1. If I were to title sermons (which I don't other than Sermon for Advent 4)... it would be "Them's fightin' words."

William Weedon said...

The John passage. Maybe I should title it: "It's not about you. Duh."

Anonymous said...

Sigh, I dearly love these holy days!!!

Ditto, Pastor Weedon. This Advent reminded me of how much I love the entire Christmas season as it is celebrated by Lutherans.

Even in the midst of some challenges, we have much to be thankful for.


Christine