03 January 2010

As We Left Church Today

I mentioned to the elders "No services till next weekend!" Which is really strange - I totaled them up. Counting the Last Sunday of the Church Year, we've celebrated to date:

5 Matins (Thanksgiving Day, Chapels for the three midweeks of Advent, and Circumcision), 9 Vespers, and a whopping 26 Divine Services (generally three per weekend plus the intervening saints' days and the two on the Christmas Feast).

Somehow, I'm betting Joanie is glad that we get a month and half break before Lent kicks in with extra services again.

6 comments:

Past Elder said...

Doing any house blessings this year?

William Weedon said...

Just had one set up today as a matter of fact!

Past Elder said...

Good because I mentioned you doing some in my Epiphany post and didn't take that out in this year's version!

Got any sternsinger?

William Weedon said...

Schade, nicht.

Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

No Epiphany Day Divine Service? I think you are going soft.

mlorfeld said...

One of my members asked what color paraments we'll be needing (since we have to be sure that the person that stores them in their home brings them). I thought for a moment: White next Sunday, Green for Epiphany 2, Red for St. Timothy, and Violet for Septuagesima.... "Not blue"