22 January 2010

Sunshine would have been nice...

...but still a great day off. Started out nice and slow with a call for breakfast. Cin, Bekah and I enjoyed some sausage, eggs and toast (I had made fresh bread last night and it actually worked). After Bekah headed out to school. Cin and I took our time drinking coffee (I still can't believe she's drinking coffee with me - proof of miracles, I tell you!) and doing morning prayers and then some web surfing. She gave me a hair cut (she does this for me every two weeks - I keep trying to twist her arm for each week - and the weird thing is she cuts my hair now exactly how I had it cut when I was like four, which if you have hair like mine that grows in more directions than are on the face of compass is a very good thing!) and then we headed into town to workout. Nice long workout this morning for both of us. I did the treadmaster for an hour (1000 cal burn at 4 miles and 3,000+ foot climb) and then hit the machines for back and arms. Cindi stuck with bike and stepper and the usual assortment of tortures that Kevin taught her last year. After our workout we went to 54th Street Grill - too late. A 20 minute wait. I'm not into waiting. We switched to Applebees and had a great meal. We usually share a meal together - always just the perfect amount. Then a quick trip to Walmart and finally to the movies. Saw Blindside, and that was a very good movie. The mom character was unbelievable. Home now and planning on a light supper and then cards with Dave and Jo (at which I intend to kick posterior - hey, I can at least hope). And yeah, it would have been nice to see some sun. I believe you're still up there, big guy, but I wish you'd stop giving us the cold shoulder.

No comments: