02 May 2010

What is he saying up there?

A friend asked that the other day. He meant the communion prayers. So here they are and now you know. As the congregation sings the Agnus Dei, I use this adaptation (and shortened) version of the traditional prayers as I prepare to receive the Sacrament and then after receiving:

Lord, I am not worthy to receive You into myself; but speak only the word and Your servant shall be healed.

The very Body of Christ, given for me. Amen.

I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord. I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.

The very Blood of Christ, shed for the forgiveness of my sins. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, may this, Your most holy Body and precious Blood, which I, an unworthy sinner, have received, be to me for the forgiveness of all my sins, for strength in resisting temptations, for service in Your kingdom, and finally for the glories of life everlasting.

Glory to You, Lord Jesus Christ, my King and my God! Glory to You! Amen.

2 comments:

Andrew Smith said...

We must use the same prayerbook, Greg.

Anonymous said...

That's in Zion's ordo too, just a little different and longer.