08 June 2010

Curiouser and Curiouser!

Today's Reporter lists Errata in the Convention Workbook.  President Gilbert's NID report caught my attention.  In his original report the words "human care" were replaced with "Synod reports."  A quick check of the Convention Workbook online reveals that the exact same displacement occurs on p. 122, 123 (English District report); p. 131 (Nebraska District report); p. 133 (North Dakota District report); p. 134 (Pr. Gilbert's NID report); and p. 138 (Rocky Mountain report).  Why on earth would one execute a global search and replace for the words "human care" with the words "Synod reports"?  It gives one furiously to think.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fr. Weedon,

I am not following the politics of the upcoming Synod assembly as you are so forgive me since I really don't understand the conundrum that you are pointing out.

Human care and synod reports are both being used as nouns, correct? shouldn't be reading synod reports as a noun and a verb like [the] synod reports [that], correct? If they are both nouns how does one equivocate human care and synod reports? Can you provide some more context, if possible? Thanks.

Becky said...

So, second in line after loving the Lord our God with all our heart and soul and mind, we are now commanded to love Synod Reports?

William Weedon said...

Chris,

I can only report that the oddity seems inexplicable to me. It is clearly a global search and replace of the term: "human care" that resulted in the odd mistake.

Becky,

LOL. See, it doesn't make sense. Why would you make a mistake of yanking that phrase?

Rev. James Leistico said...

if this were Illinois, I'd say something about the fix being in...
oh, I guess this is Illinois... but you know what I mean

J.G.F. said...

I am so not looking forward to attending this Convention. Rumor has it that it will be hotter on the inside than outside in the Houston Heat and Humidity... Alas, I drew the short straw in our Circuit. But I do look forward to hooking up with you, Jon Vieker and a couple of other old time friends....