05 June 2010

Oh, my.

Well, today Cindi not only baked my favorite - pizza - but also a knock-your-socks off strawberry-rhubarb pie with an outstanding lo-carb crust. We both had a piece at lunch.  We went out to dinner and then to the movies (Robin Hood - I thought it was surprisingly good, but why did they cremate the old Lockley? - I don't think that would ever have happened in Christian Britain), and back home.  We decided to have another piece of pie, since, after all, it is our anniversary.  As I'm eating it, I look over to the counter and notice an empty pie plate.  I asked:  "Did we just eat the whole pie in two sittings?"  "Yup."  "I ate half a pie today?"  "Yup."  Good thing anniversaries don't happen every day...

3 comments:

scott said...

I did not know ...congrats!

Matthias Flacius said...

Medieval English Christians (c.1200) would have buried their dead, not cremated. Would you like to know the numerous other historical inaccuracies from the movie? I enjoyed the movie overall, but it really is frustrating to watch as an historian.

Jim said...

"Robin Hood" is a good summer movie, but it doesn't deserve to be taken as seriously as it seems to want to be taken. It has thoroughly modern sensibilities, from Robin Hood's father heading up a democratic movement (!) to the Medieval version of "Higgins' boats" that the French used to invade England (replete with oarsmen and a D-Day style panorama). I about fell out of my chair laughing at the latter.

Again, it's a fun movie, but it cannot be taken any more seriously than Errol Flynn's version, this film's pretensions notwithstanding.