09 August 2010

Very good run

this a.m.  Tried something different for the fun of it.  I ran all out for 1/2 mile; then recovered for 1/2 mile; then repeated.  Did this for the entire run and so was able to do 5 miles in 50 minutes.  Noticed that breathing was really challenged by this towards the end of the 1/2 mile all out.  Also noticed today that a seam on my Vibrams has torn open a tad along along the top of the big toe.  I'm hoping it doesn't open further.

Also time to get back to induction.  Been playing around with the diet and was aghast at the scale this a.m. at the Y.  I'm always amazed, though, at how a bit of induction tends to knock the weight right back down within days.  So, note to self:  no more afternoon beers or after dinner milk shakes (even though made with low carb ice cream!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, pray tell, is low carb ice cream!?

--helen

William Weedon said...

No sugar added; uses some sugar alcohols (i.e., splenda).

Anonymous said...

Aspartame makes me ill.
(No, really. It does something rude to my blood sugar levels.)

So I'm having a (small) half scoop of Blue Bell in your honor. Remember my Minnesota/Danish heritage. :)

Helen

David Garner said...

Sounds similar to a Fartlek run. Are you going to keep doing this (maybe 1/week or 1/ 2 weeks)? If so, let us know if it improves anything. I'm training for a half right now and I could use all the tips I can get, LOL.