07 August 2010

The Week of the Hymn!

During the week of August 9, Issues Etc. will be studying the five favorite hymns of "Issues, Etc." listeners.  Monday, 8/9 - "My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less" with Rev. Bill Cwirla, Tuesday, 8/10 - "The Church's One Foundation" with Dr. Arthur Just, Wednesday, 8/11 - "Lord, Thee I Love with All My Heart" with Rev. Paul McCain, Thursday, 8/12 - "Thy Strong Word" with Dr. Arthur Just and Friday, 8/13 - "God's Own Child I Gladly Say It" with Rev. Wil Weedon.  Listen live from 4-5 p.m. CDT or on-demand at www.issuesetc.org.


5 comments:

Weekend Fisher said...

Hm. None of those ranks among my favorite hymns.

I'm not sure how I'd rank these but just throwing out some names of favorite hymns:

God himself is present
Joy to the world
At the Lamb's high feast
Savior, when in dust to thee
Crown him with many crowns

I'll stop myself there at 5 favorites, but I'm sure I could go on, & possibly find one that would have bumped the others off the list.

Take care & God bless
Anne / WF

Anonymous said...

So glad "God's Own Child I Gladly Say It" made it! That's definitely one of my favorites. It's like giving the devil the middle finger.

Bethany

Larry Luder said...

Can’t wait! The list of hymns and teachers of Christ are worthy. I wasn’t much on the hymn “The Lamb” until we a studied it on Issues Etc. so let’s give it a chance guys. The Church’s One Foundation would most likely make my top ten list, I think. Never compiled a overall list. Just have certain favorites during the liturgical year.

Larry Luder said...

Day one, awesome start! I hope/wish they do this more often.

J.West said...

“The Church's One Foundation” clearly belongs on a top 10 list. Dr Just does a great job.

However, I don't get the others. Has this so-called Lutheran audience ever heard of A Mighty Fortress?