25 September 2010

Back to Hamel

The Concordia University-Chicago Board of Regents wraps up this morning and then Cindi and I will head back to Hamel.  We came up a day early because I had orientation starting at 9:30 yesterday morning.  So we've had two evenings here in Oak Park, and we enjoyed them immensely.  First night we ate here at the Carleton, and last night we enjoyed some Thai cuisine.  The waitress asked:  "normal or hot?"  I said:  "Hot."  She said: "Hot or Thai hot?"  I said:  "Thai hot."  It was absolutely delicious.  And totally low-carb.  Just chicken and veggies in a red curry and I skipped the rice.  Cindi had a garlicly chicken that was also very good.  This morning we headed back up the street and ate breakfast in a little cafe - where the coffee was served in something the size of a soup bowl!  I think the fun of an overnight get-away will be a nice augmentation to my thrice annual trip up to River Forest.  Pity the next one is in January...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are now going to be on that board. I pray that you and others will help steer our colleges back to being Lutheran!

Peter Sovitzky

Elephantschild said...

Sometime when you're up there, maybe in the spring, you *must* take the Frank Lloyd Wright walking tour.

William Weedon said...

Peter, I said when I allowed my name to be put up that I was most interested in preserving and furthering the Lutheran heritage of the school.

Jen, sounds like a good idea for the June meeting...the January, not so much!

Unknown said...

I graduated from Concordia, River Forest...beautiful campus...had a room that looked out on the Pillars.

Jeremy Loesch said...

I certainly hope that you (beloved) Regents were afforded all the respect that your rank affords! I worked all four years as a 'facility assistant', commonly known as a janitor, in KCC and whenever the regents came, the director of the building would get so uptight. "The Regents are coming! The Regents are coming!" I would respond, "One if by land, two if by sea?" She had no clue what I was talking about.

Blessings on your service to 'my' school.

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

"I said: "Thai hot." It was absolutely delicious. And totally low-carb. Just chicken and veggies in a red curry and I skipped the rice." --WW

Oh, WOW!

--helen