15 February 2011

Thinking about my children...

...Bekah:  dramatic, impetuous, curious, energetic, explosion of life, the current moment is everything, stunning and beautiful, kind, "wild as a mink and sweet as soda pop," a writer, always my little one.

...David: big, gentle, slow to anger (but then watch out - Maupin, anyone?!), creative and skilled, oh-so-laid-back, humorous, bold and adventurous, intuitive, peaceful, procrastinator, and he pulls the rabbit out of the hat yet again, always my middle one.

...Lauren: beautiful and kind, sparkling green eyes, fun-loving, child-loving, cat-loving, Dudly-loving, Dean-loving, singing, teaching, laughing, sorrows all private, joys all public, faithful friend and sibling, always my oldest.

5 comments:

Becky said...

One more reason to smile today! Thanks for posting.

Rev. Charles Lehmann said...

You are truly blessed. I love all your kids.

Anonymous said...

Which kids take after momma most and which take after papa?

William Weedon said...

Oh, they are a solid mix of both and with a great deal of their own uniquenesses thrown in. Cindi in general is calmer, more placid, more like David in that regard. I'm wound up like Bekah a lot of the time, but also very private with my own emotions more like Lauren. David and I tend to think along the same lines and I understand his thought processes more quickly than the girls (maybe just a gender issue). Cindi and the girls have a striking number of resemblances. I'm proud to say that all three have lovely voices like their mama. And I think all three have a good deal of introvert about them - they seem to recharge in their alone time- which is more me than Cin. Finally, Bekah has the same touch of social anxiety that I do; that leads me to be almost always the first to suggest it's time to leave the party, gathering, whatever.

Larry Luder said...

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate Psalm 127:3-5.

Recently, from one family man to another, my friend Dave share this with me Family Man - Incredible Time Lapse Drawing. I wish to share with you and your readers this blessing; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=808O7SJwbqA