07 March 2013

The Last Day

No, not THAT last day: just the last day of the Historic Liturgy Series on Issues, Etc. (or as Todd has taken to calling it "classical Christian worship").  You can listen to the series here: Historic Liturgy.


Melanie Oleynik Paulick said...

I came across your blog a couple of days ago. In particular, I found the entry posting from January 31, 2006, that includes a prayer by St. Basil the Great. It begins "I bless You, O Lord..."

I would really appreciate it if you could tell me where you found that prayer/provide citation, as I cannot seem to locate the source.

Thank you.

Melanie Oleynik Paulick said...

I'm sorry, it was actually on Jan. 21st, not 31st, of 2006. Thank you.

William Weedon said...


I'm sorry. I no longer remember where I got that from! It is typical of so many of Basil's prayers that have come down to us.

Larry Luder said...


In trying to help find the source I came across your well thoughtout and well written essay on St Basil.

Melanie Oleynik Paulick said...

Thank you for reading. Yes, that essay is why I was trying to find the source of the prayer. That pesky 4th century! :)