22 April 2014

Contacts

I had about sworn off them, but thought I'd give the doctor one last try. I'm back in mono-vision, so one eye is for distance and one eye for up close. Unlike previous tries, this one gives the dominant eye to distance, since it was the fuzzy distance vision that was driving me batty. I thought as I drove over to the Crowne to lead devotions today: "Dang! Perfect!" Then I walked inside and tried to read the music on the piano. ACK!!!!!!! A thousand ACKS!!!!!!!! Dr. John did encourage me to give it a week. I was ready to call and tell them to order them. But I definitely need to see if I can resolve the "middle distance" problem. Up close is fine. Distance is fine. But middle distance is a mess!

4 comments:

Rev. Adrian Piazza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dixie said...

I had to give up mono-vision lenses before I turned 50...that loss of depth perception really hurt my night vision. I could hardly drive. My Doctor then introduced me to bifocal contacts. Took forever for me to get used to them! I do a bit of speaking for my work and I walked into a room of about 130 people to conduct training and discovered the "un"-sweet spot was right in the line of vision where I make eye contact with the listeners in the crowd. I actually need this to gauge how the crowd is taking the information and to modify my style or content as needed...but I couldn't see their eyes! I think I am used to these contacts now and it is less of a problem. Give yourself some time...but in the end, if you don't get there, try something else.

Mimi said...

After trying the mono-vision lenses, I now wear contacts for my distance vision & use non prescription reading glasses with them for reading. Not perfect in that I have to keep reading glasses in various locations in our home, & a pair in my purse. But my distance vision is great, my reading vision is great, night driving is not a problem, and it keeps me from having to wear bi-focals!!

Timothy C. Schenks said...

I am near-sighted (only need glasses to see far away, to drive, etc.) and don't need reading glasses, but I've found that as I get older I can't read with my "driving" glasses on.