15 December 2021

Happy 101, Daddy!

Well, today my father would turn 101. Hard to fathom. I’m already two years older than he was when he died. This is a pic of him, Stuart Maupin Weedon, with his younger brother, Edgar Jackson Weedon. He was an extraordinarily silent man, by and large. He, mom and I could ride in the car together for a long time and he’d never utter a word. I thank God for his faithful provision for his family, all his hard work and without nary a word of complaint. And I will always thank God especially for the wondrous day daddy took me to select a piano and arranged for lessons. I remember him sitting in the car, smoking his cigars, during while Mrs. Edlow taught me (lessons he paid for without the first grumbling). I don’t think I ever heard him even try to sing and I’m not sure how much he ever really loved music, but he enabled me to love it and for that I’ll be grateful to him all my days.



1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love the names and the fact that you have good memories of a very quiet father.

Blessings to your dear family!