21 June 2022

Midsummer

Well, it’s not yet 8… But up early to catch the planets in alignment:


And then did my puzzles (did Nerdle last night, but Wordle and Quordle and Knotwords this a.m.), as I started sipping coffee. But Cindi suggested we walk out to see sunrise, so I carried coffee along. We greeted the longest day of the year at the old Uelsmann farm (always makes me think of Dorothy, Eileen, and LaVern; may they rest in peace!):



And then we came back, prayed from Treasury, and I did my usual Matins, Jesus Prayer, reading from Luther, from Book of Concord, and from Lewis. Went to the basement and did ten minutes of high intensity interval training with Jamie Ray on Apple TV. Finally, headed outside again to join Cindi (she’d been walking while I did HIIT) and we strolled about the neighborhood as the day was heating up. Came in a few minutes ago with 10,000 steps already under the belt for day. Now ready for the day’s work to begin, after I get a second pot of coffee on. Cindi will be heading to Highland shortly to pick up our half cow from Steve and Dana, and I’ll be digging into Revelation. 

No comments: