02 March 2006

Gotta love David

The boy brings me home like on Tuesday a piece to accompany him for a vocal competition THIS Saturday - a version of "Joshua Fit" - syncopated like no tomorrow. GRRR. Have I ever told you all how much I DETEST trying to play complicated rhythms??? Of course, bringing home a piece of music that gives me fits is much, much better than last week bringing home a car that had been in an accident and needed a trip to the shop... He just has a knack for eliminating the stress from my life...NOT. I love you, David!!! Really.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just have him sing it for you a couple of time. You hate reading music anyway.

Our little fender bender has had MY car in the shop for almost a MONTH! I hope his doesn't bring him such joy.

Deb

William Weedon said...

Ah, but I HAD to read the music, because the judge had the music in front of her.

David's solo went well and he got a 1 rating, which is the highest, but I am not sure of particulars about his performance.

However, David's group (in which he also had a solo) scored a 1 also and we know that they got a perfect score in all categories. They were really incredible! A Jazz piece - a genre that is not dear to my soul - but their singing was absolutely awesome. Tight harmonies, crazy syncopation and really a fine, fine sound.

William Weedon said...

Oh, and David's car is HOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is NOT FAIR!!

David's accident had to of been worse - he couldn't even drive the thing home!! D had a fender-bender.

WAAA - I want my car back!

Deb

William Weedon said...

the diff between living in southern IL vs living in suburban DC...