25 May 2022

Not exactly the week I had in mind…

… Our office was closed this week (and Jeff and Craig both headed to Florida). I figured it would be a good week to get a colonoscopy done (which I put off for some seven years). Only during procedure I apparently aspirated some stomach acid. So after getting home and developing fever, back to ER. After chest X-ray and blood tests, I was put on some antibiotics. The doc had removed a couple benign polyps, so had bleeding and that led to things not being “regular” through till Monday. Had to do a video promo with Pete on Friday for Revelation (see below). Saturday was Hamel Yard-sales and so Cindi had transformed our garage, and then Saturday evening and Sunday I had the services at St. Paul’s, though thankfully Vicar preached. Our out-of-town guests (the Herls, also see below) arrived just as Saturday Church was letting out, so we went back to the house. I’m so thankful (and it was an answer to prayer) that I made it through services without, well, “having an incident.” The David Weedon family joined the Herls and Cindi and me for a brunch after Church. Monday had to take car in for service (my muffler was broken; it sounded like a hot rod). Cindi was watching grandkids that day, so we picked them up after dropping car off, and when they called that car was ready, we packed them up and headed back down to O’Fallon (30+ minutes away). I get on the highway to come home and car is shaking like crazy. Le sigh. And so arrange to bring it back to them the following morning, after a follow-up doctor’s appointment. By Tuesday I am feeling myself again (thank you, Lord!), but the car unfortunately needs two new tires and somehow that was overlooked the day before. Home to cut grass at our house; then Cindi cut at her dad’s, and we loaded up the car so she could take the remains of yard-sale to Salvation Army store in Litchfield. When she got back, I proposed we just go out for dinner and then on a whim we took in the latest (and I assume, last) Downton movie. Today we actually got to sleep in a bit and do nothing at all but what we chose to do. WHEW. So, out of the eight days of “vacation,” at least the last of them kind of felt that way! I have just about decided that “staycations” are a myth. 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

So glad you are doing better! Next time just come out west.