31 May 2022

Patristic Quote of the Day

“There was,” he says, “an open door in heaven.” John sees the preaching of the New Testament, and it is said to to him, “Come up here.” When it is shown that the door was opened, it is clear that previously it had been closed to humankind. However, it was sufficiently and perfectly opened when Christ ascended in the body to the Father in heaven….And now he recalls that which had been fore-told in the law by means of similitudes, and through this Scripture he joins together all the previous prophets and opens the Scripture.—St. Victorious of Petovium. 

5 comments:

Eric Bendekovic said...

How you been? I haven’t seen you around the Internet or radio.

William Weedon said...

Hi, Eric! Doing well and I hope and the family are as well. I am shocked you haven’t seen me around the internet, given how frequently I’m on Issues, Etc. And then there’s my podcast and the youtube videos with Matt Whitman!

Anonymous said...

What’s your podcast? I haven’t listened to issues in a while.

William Weedon said...

https://thewordendures.org/

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I forgot about that. I’m joining the Orthodox Church but still appreciate Lutheran Bible studies for the most part. 😉