26 August 2023

Saturday mornings…

…tend to start out nice and slow. We roll out of bed about a half hour before the sun rises and aim to see it each day. Alas, this morning, was stormy, so we enjoyed the lightning and rain instead. We brewed up some Crio-brew (brewed cacao; our replacement for coffee; no caffeine and all the flavor of hot chocolate with zero sugar) and then blended it with a bit of butter, and enjoyed a cuppa. Then I headed down to McDonald’s to pick up our usual Saturday morning fare (six sausage egg and cheese McMuffins—without the muffin and without the cheese). It’s a cheaper way to ring it up than ordering six sausage patties and six round eggs! Afterwards, we put up the garage door and sat in our lawn chairs, just inside the garage, and said our morning prayers, still getting whatever sunlight escaped the clouds. Then I worked my puzzles (currently doing each day Wordle; Worldle; Nerdle; Blossom; and Connections). After that, off to the Essenbach’s farm to pick up our milk and eggs for the week. Like so many, as a child I could not really digest pasteurized milk. I was always having stomach issues and they basically stopped when the milk stopped. In fact, I HATED milk, but still drank it because “it’s good for you.” Most folks would eat the cookie and wash it down with the milk; I did the exact opposite. I used the cookie to get rid of the nasty taste of the milk. Go figure. But I have zero problem whatsoever digesting the raw milk (and yoghurt) from the Essenbach’s. In fact, I LOVE it. After picking it up, we headed back to Hamel. Did a little stop at DK’s market (and ran into Mark) and post office and now the rain is pouring down again and I’m sitting here sipping yet another cup of Crio-brew. A perfect Saturday morning, in my book. Just perfect.

No comments: