01 October 2024

Sadness

I had occasion today to send an old blog posting to a friend. It led me to randomly look through old back and forths, and the name of my buddy Paul McCain came up again and again. I miss our back and forths. He could get under some folks’ skin, I know. Tact was just not one of his skills. But I loved the man, and I miss our occasional lunches and our almost daily correspondence. You know, the little bit that shows up on the blog…that’s the least of our discussions. Anything that either one of us found of interest, we’d almost invariably send an email to the other detailing it. And, to be truthful, I also miss receiving his surprise packages from CPH. He’d send them along and I’d write to say thanks, and he’d say: “I knew you would read them and put them to use in teaching the Church.” Old friend, I hope you know how much we miss you!

No comments: