25 December 2009

Some of the Music from St. Paul's Christmas Midnight...

This was sung during the offering. It is a setting by Ralph Schulz, and we sang it in college at Concordia, Bronxville. I dearly love it.



This is a standard at St. Paul's - but this setting of the piece was new. Carlo brought it to us. Cindi worked hard on it this year and her work paid off. She wasn't totally happy with it, but the rest of us thought it was truly beautiful.



And here is Carlo doing his Carlo thing. Wow. As I hear almost weekly: "We don't want to be ushered out; we just want to listen to him play!"

2 comments:

J.G.F. said...

I think "To Thee My Heart I Offer" is my favorite RCS piece. Beautiful!

William Weedon said...

John, I agree. I've loved that thing ever since we first sang it. And for the offering upon Christmas Midnight, well, I just can't imagine any piece more fitting...