25 February 2021

Carnivore Craziness

Hey, the title warned you. Just a bit of an update. We dropped the dairy (for the most part) back at the tail end of September and that REALLY seemed to kick things up a notch for us both. It’s absolutely weird. 

I always have thought of myself as ideally somewhere between 145 and 150 lbs. My frame is slight, like my dad’s was. And though I don’t remember my weight in high school or college, I think 145 or so is a good guess. Well, in the last week I’ve hit as low as 135 and today I’m sitting at 136. I even had to buy new jeans (the old ones were falling off) and I still can’t believe I’m comfortably wearing a size 28 waist. Never remember that in my life. 

But Cindi’s has been even more remarkable. Her weight has hit pre-pregnancy numbers that she’s not seen since she was 27, and in a little over a month she turns 61. What amazes me even more than that though is how you can SEE the change in her face even from the woman I married nearly 39 years ago. Let me show you what I mean

Here’s a picture from our wedding day: 





















And contrast that face with this:






















No inflammation anywhere in that last pic! And though we’ve obviously grown older, I think we both look far healthier at going on 61 than we ever did when we were even young pups, just newly married. The long and short of it: meat heals. And the truth is that dairy, which is fine for lots of people, was obviously holding both of us back. Anywho, there’s your crazy carnivore update.


No comments: